Baxter State Park, the Birches

I was very close to not getting a spot in the final campsite. I showed up at exactly 7:00am when registration opens and I was the 12th and final person. 

We hiked 4 miles to the ranger station early this morning and now we only have 5 miles up a blue blaze to our site. We hung out down by Abol Bridge where they have a small store/resupply with food and beer. 

There was a large group of thru-hikers loitering around and hanging out which was fun. We know everybody who we will be summiting with. 

We grabbed just enough beer and food to make it up Katahdin tomorrow and walked to camp. It was an easy 5 miles, and we got there by 1:00pm. We spent the rest of the day prepping, hanging out, and reminiscing with all the other hikers. 

We went and checked in with the ranger and got out Baxter Tags. I am Nobo hiker 184 to get my tag. I was 182 in Harper's Ferry and 528 at Amicalola. 

One hiker named Rebel, his wife drove up from Mississippi and dropped off pizza for his tramily. They had extra and made sure to share the love to all of us with pizza and sodas. We definitely didn't expect more trail magic before finishing. 

One more night in our tent, then we are planning to start our hike at 7:00am. The weather looks awesome so hopefully that stays! 

Happy Trails 🌲 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0

Day 1

Day 4