Day 1

Day 1 got off to a less than ideal start. Big snorer in the shelter last night. Got started around 8:00 with a quick intro about leave no trace at the visitor center. Registered and got our hiker tags, we're numbers 526 and 528. 
Started the 8.8 mile trek up the approach trail. Which leads from the Gateway Arch to Springer Mountain. Some people opt to drive up and bypass the approach trail which is a highly discussed point between thruhikers. I personally think you should hike it. What's the difference adding 9 miles to an already 2000+ mile trek.
Amicalola Falls 
View from top of falls 
Picture of Jules and I from 2023 after we hiked the falls 
Made Nick recreate it 
Quite busy at the top of Springer. Got to witness a surprise proposal from a couple who hiked the trail previously 
Hked the remaining 2.8 miles to Stover Creek Shelter where we hunkered down for the night 

11.6 total miles today, over 3000ft elevation gain, aiming for a similar mileage tomorrow 

For those of you who have asked if I need care packages or stuff to send to me, I appreciate it, but the logistics are tough. So I'll be attaching my venmo, so you can buy me a beer while I'm in town.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0

Day 4