Day 99
Started the day from Brink Road Shelter. My tent got soaked last night in the wind and rain but I stayed dry thankfully.
Was dissapointed when I saw a gas price sign down the road, but quickly realized it was for a mechanics shop sadly. None of the restaurants were open till 11:00am and we had too many miles to hike.
We stopped at the High Point State Park visited the center for bathrooms and soda, then walked 2 more miles to our shelter for the night. Just under 20 miles today, with 25 on the docket for tomorrow.
Walking in the morning felt like a sauna with all the humidity unfortunately
Was dissapointed when I saw a gas price sign down the road, but quickly realized it was for a mechanics shop sadly. None of the restaurants were open till 11:00am and we had too many miles to hike.
I stopped at a pavilion to dry all my stuff out for lunch. There was a group of volunteers picking up trash on all the local trails
We stopped at the High Point State Park visited the center for bathrooms and soda, then walked 2 more miles to our shelter for the night. Just under 20 miles today, with 25 on the docket for tomorrow.
At the shelter, a group of 15 people showed up around 6:00pm and set up tents. Thankfully there was enough space for everybody. It looked like a college aged outing club of some sorts.
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment