Day 107
Rained a bit last night, but I had 16 miles to hike and was 4 miles behind the rest of the crew so I had to pick up the pace. They recommended that I take a trail down to the road since there were so many blow downs on trail it made it hard to navigate. We are headed into town today, spending the night, and getting new shoes in the morning since the outfitter is closed on Mondays.
These shoes have 700+ miles on them, and it's starting to show
On one of the roads, I had to save a small turtle from being run over. I got a honk and a wave after my good deed. I was waving like a madman to slow the car down so I could quickly rescue the turtle.
Officially back in New England! It feels really good to be back, it was a huge mental milestone to reach.
Once we got to the town of Kent, we grabbed Chinese food, and payed $10 to tent behind an ice cream coffee shop.
Hiccup's partner's aunt met us for dinner after we did laundry, and took us out to eat. It was a lot for fun, and nice to chat with people not on trail!
We're looking forward to the New England hospitality as we near the end of our journey!
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment