Day 102
New York has been awesome so far. Very similar to New Jersey, and it just feels like we are finally back in the mountains. The views are great, and there's lots of swamps, lakes, and ponds.
It was very humid today, and I was the sweatiest I've ever been. We did get our first trail magic in a long time today. A nice man named Fred, was set up on the side of the road with brownies and Powerade. He said he always does trail magic here but has been surprised at the lack of hikers he's seen. He said it feels like there is half as many hikers as there had been compared to recent years.
I hiked down to another state park today to take advantage of the vending machines
Ended the night at the William Brien Shelter and met a nice day hiker who said he would leave us some beers to drink tomorrow. Hopefully he pulls through, Knicks in 5!
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment