Day 87
Around 5:00am I woke up to hear two people from the shelter having a full on conversation. Typically people have a little bit of grace that early in the morning but these two were in a league of their own.
We hung out in the hiker lounge for a bit, played a game of Sorry and kept on walking. Hiccup's friend was meeting us for trail magic 3 miles before camp so that was our objective.
The best views we get are from power line clearings. It hasn't gotten too rocky yet but we have heard that going to happen further north.
We ended the night at the Peter Mtn Shelter and we almost had the whole shelter to ourselves. Overall it was an easy day of hiking, just long mentally since we know we have a few zero days coming up at the end of the week.
I was able to fall asleep again and left camp around 7:30am. I slept great, and had missed being in my tent. My rain fly was soaking wet, but I'll take that over being crammed into a shelter like sardines.
I had 11 miles to the town of Duncannon where we were meeting hiccup at the Hostel. The outfitter also had a darn tough sock exchange I was going to utilize.
I stopped by the 7/11 for a bit gulp of diet coke but a nice man bought me some chicken skewers and my drink.
At the outfitter I exchanged my socks, it was super quick and easy. They took my old pair and told me to grab a new pair off the wall. I grabbed some alien themed ones.
We hung out in the hiker lounge for a bit, played a game of Sorry and kept on walking. Hiccup's friend was meeting us for trail magic 3 miles before camp so that was our objective.
The sun started to come out, but there weren't any great views. Pennsylvania has been incredibly underwhelming so far.
The best views we get are from power line clearings. It hasn't gotten too rocky yet but we have heard that going to happen further north.
At trail magic we had some IPAs, sandwiches, grapes, etc. It was a great break at the end of the day but made it very hard to hike the remaining 3 miles.
We ended the night at the Peter Mtn Shelter and we almost had the whole shelter to ourselves. Overall it was an easy day of hiking, just long mentally since we know we have a few zero days coming up at the end of the week.
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment