Day 75!!!
We got to go to our first Dunkin on trail today. Almost made us feel like we were back in New England.
After we shopped for our food resupply it was a bit stressful because Hiccup lost her wallet. After doing a deep search in the motel room, we came to the conclusion that it must've fell out of her pocket on the way back from the store. We retraced our steps and left our number didn't hear anything for a while.
After we shopped for our food resupply it was a bit stressful because Hiccup lost her wallet. After doing a deep search in the motel room, we came to the conclusion that it must've fell out of her pocket on the way back from the store. We retraced our steps and left our number didn't hear anything for a while.
I went to the barbershop for a quick trim since we had time before going back to trail. I forgot to take a before picture, but all I had them do was shape up the beard and clean up around my ears and neck. It's supposed to be in the 90s later this week and I want to be as comfortable as possible
I've been on the hunt for some new shorts, mine are ripping, but I didn't want to pay $50+ for a new pair. I've been checking all the thrift stores but haven't had any luck. After striking out in the mens section at goodwill, I was able to find a pair of Women's XL running shorts that fit perfectly, and only for $5. I felt like a new man walking around town with my haircut and new shorts!
I also had to say goodbye to my LL Bean jacket, the inside liner was already falling apart after 100 miles. I grabbed a new lightweight jacket at the outfitter since we're due for some rainy days. It's called a Mac in a Sac and it packs down very small! Before we left town for good, we got a call from the Grocery Store, and somebody had returned Hiccups Wallet too!
We had an easy 5 miles to the Jim and Molly Denton Shelter at mile 978 tonight. It was one of the nicest on trail, with a pavilion, fire pit, privy, horseshoes, and a solar shower.
Crazy to think we only have two more days till mile 1000!
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment