Day 67
After staying at the Maupin Shelter last night, we had 21 miles to get to town. Nick and I were hiking by 6:40am this morning. Papi has a grad school meeting tomorrow, so he is meeting up with some college friends, while me Nick and a hiccup spend the day in Waynesboro.
We knew it was supposed to rain today, and it drizzled for the first 3 hours of the day. The trail was pretty rocky to start, and made it difficult to go fast.
Didn't take too many pictures today, was mainly focused on getting to town. Once we got to Rockfish Gap, they had a poster up with lots of numbers to call for free rides into town. I picked randomly, and a guy named Mark answered and said he could pick us up in 15 minutes.
It turns out Mark used to live in Wells Maine. He gave us the lowdown on town, and dropped us off at the hotel. We showered, changed clothes, and took an Uber to the all you can eat Chinese Buffet. **Thank you to the Olearys**
I only managed to get one picture of my plate. We were exhausted after eating, and decided to head back to the Super 8. No need to resupply today or do laundry. We will figure that out tomorrow. Once we got back, I was able to watch the new episode of Survivor. I've been downloading them after the fact and watching them in my tent the past few weeks so it was nice to watch it live.
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment