Day 61
It was quite wet and cold this morning when we woke up. My shirt was soaked, but I knew it would dry out if I wore it.
I had my parents sneak a 3L bag of Pinot Grigio into my pack that way we could celebrate once I hit mile 777. That made my pack a lot heavier today and I was struggling.
The rhododendrons look awesome now that they're blooming. We were walking in a pink/purple tunnel for a while this morning.
I wanted to save the wine for another night, but it was too heavy, so I decided we could just celebrate tonight
We took up the bottom of the 2 layer shelter, which had plenty of space for us to lay out all our gear to dry. Tomorrow, after 7 miles, I'll finally be hiking on new AT miles.
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment