Day 42

We had a great day in Damascus. Tama and I woke up early to make it to town before the Post Office closed. We left at 6:00am and did 10 miles before 9.
We did catch a great sunrise
We did finally cross into Virginia, where we will be for the next 500+ miles
Damascus is my favorite town on trail, but that may be because I've spent the most time here. We took a triple zero last time, I ran a 5k, and made many stops to the Brewery and Diner. 
I picked up my new sleeping pad at the post office which is adding 1lb to my base weight. We then stopped by the diner. ***Huge shout-out to my Soccer Run Club buddies for giving me a gift card to REI otherwise I wouldn't have gotten it***
We're spending the night at The Place which is a church run by the Hostel. It's a $10 donation for the night and we get a bunk and a shower. We stopped by a different Hostel to do a load of laundry. 
Damascus was celebrating Trout Days so there was a small farmers market. Me Tama, hiccup and Papi got into a friendly game of cornhole. The guys running the cornhole told us whoever won would get a free hat. Papi and I ended winning and we each got a new hat. I won't wear it on trail, it'll be my town hat till I can ship it home or give it to my parents. 
We walked to the Brewery, which was quite a far walk, but they still had the Honey Mango Sours. They're my favorite beers of all time and I was worried they wouldn't have them anymore. The brewery just reopened for weekends since Helene came through. Damascus got hit pretty hard with flooding. 
Navigator ordered some pizza for us and we had a few beers before heading back to the Hostel for clean clothes and showers. ***Beers sponsored by newphews Beni and Guel***
We were able to hitch a ride back to town in the back of somebody's pickup truck. 
We got wings for dinner, then finished the night at the bar next door for some rum and cokes. Very successfully town day. These were some of the best wings I've ever had. ***Thanks Kellan Heller***
I've been posting videos on Instagram so feel free to follow me there as well. I made a fun knock off Full House intro for the tramily. 

Happy Trails 🌲 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0

Day 1

Day 4