Day 9

Our first 0 Mile day of Trail. Woke up at our usual time of 6:30 so we could be first in line for breakfast at 7:00am.
I spent the early morning catching up on emails/figuring out my health insurance. I do have coverage, but wasn't able to access my account. 4 phone calls later and 40 minutes on the phone and I was successful in getting my account ID number. Lounged around till 10:00am then took a hiker shuttle into the town of Hiawasse. Great view from the Hostel 
I'm always biased towards New England grocery stores like Market Basket and Hannafords but Ingles has a very special place in my heart. They have incredible hot food and for really cheap prices. Despite it being 11:00am, Nick and I were famished and each got a serving of Chinese food with two egg rolls. Costing us a mere $4.00. we have 3 days till our next resupply in Franklin NC so we also grabbed our breakfast lunch, dinner and snacks for the next few days. 
Afterwards we headed to the outfitter in town where I picked up a new power bank. Mine didn't charge last night so its officially broken.
The town of Hiawasse does a hiker feed every Monday from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. We got to socialize with other hikers we hadn't seen in a few days, eat some burgers, dogs, salad, chips etc all for free. 
After we finished our 2nd round of burgers, we texted the hostel, got a ride back up and brought the town day to a close. One of the hostel staff gave us a free Yuengling, and Nick and I shared a nice frozen pizza for dinner.
We packed our bags and got ready for another 11 mile day tomorrow. Looks like the weather might be a bit rainy, which always seems to happen after a town day. 

Happy Trails 🌲

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0

Day 1

Day 4