Day 29

Woke up, temperature was hovering just under 40 degrees before the sun came up. It was incredibly windy and cold today so I didn't take many pictures. There also weren't many viewpoints either, but I know tomorrow I'll have more. 
We did get to visit "The Cookie Lady". She gives out a free cookie to any thruhiker that stops by her house. You can buy extras for $2.00 each to continue to help pay for the cookies. She's made over 10,000+ cookies over the past 5 years. Apparently there's another Northern Cookie Lady in Massachusetts. She told us to send her regards from the Southern Cookie Lady. 
She had peanut butter cookies today, so I bought an extra one for me and Nick. 
Privies in Tennessee/North Carolina have not been great lately. Some of them are quite small, and make it impossible not to flash everyone. 
Today was a pretty big day for us with around 5000ft of gain. 17.5 miles from just outside Hot Springs to Little Laurel Shelter at 294. We're planning on going 14 miles tomorrow, should be slightly easier. Lots of more views, hopefully it'll be less windy and we will hit mile 300 too! 

Happy Trails 🌲 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 0

Day 1

Day 4