Day 26
Woke up early this morning, aiming for close to a 17 mile day before Hot Springs tomorrow. I ended up being the only one in the shelter last night, there was one mouse, but it kept its distance thankfully.
We had 6.6 miles to Max Patch, and with the nice weather we were pretty excited. I was the first one out of camp, and got to the trailhead parking Lot for Match Patch. Usually it's a typical trail magic spot, but nothing when I walked through. I waited for around 10 minutes then kept walking. A quarter mile later I heard a car pull up, so I hesitantly backtracked just in case. And I saw Patches and Papi hanging out near somebody's trunk with a cooler. Very glad I decided to double check, and take my time near the road. If you wait longer enough, somebody is bound to show up.
It was a mother daughter duo on spring break, and I was able to eat a banana, cheese crackers, and pack out a Nutella sandwich, along with a turkey and cheese.
We still had 11 miles to go, 5 of them being very flat and around a river.
Lots of small white flowers everywhere in North Carolina, it almost looks like snow from a distance.
Tentsite was father than we thought and we ended with a 18.7 mile day. tomorrow we have 7.6 miles till Hot Springs, where our first stop will be a diner for breakfast.
Happy Trails 🌲
Comments
Post a Comment